LAMDA Speech and Drama
'You're the voice'
Speech and Drama for all ages!
As a teacher with 20 years’ experience of teaching LAMDA examinations, Jennie is proud to be able to offer students the opportunity to work with a variety of disciplines which will help them develop skills that they can take with them throughout their lives:
- read easily, fluently and with good understanding
- expand vocabulary to improve powers of self-expression
- improve confidence in speaking and listening
- memorise and recall information
- research and create persuasive formal presentations
- create and defend arguments
- engage in constructive informal conversation
- work both on his/her own and participate as a member of a team.
But the advantages don’t stop there: throughout all the disciplines, Grades 1 – 8 are recognised by Ofqual and accredited by the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF); also, Grades 6, 7 and 8 are included in the current UCAS Tariff system, which means that students will be able to gain UCAS points to go towards their university entrance applications.
|Speaking of Verse and Prose – Recital (elocution)||Grades: Entry, 1-5 Medals: Bronze (6), Silver (7) and Gold (8)|
|Solo and Duologue Acting||Grades: Entry, 1-5 Medals: Bronze (6), Silver (7) and Gold (8)|
|Reading For Performance||Grades: Entry, 1-5 Medals: Bronze (6), Silver (7) and Gold (8)|
|Speaking in Public||Grades: Entry, 1-5 Medals: Bronze (6), Silver (7) and Gold (8)|
|Devised Drama||Grades: Entry, 1-5 Medals: Bronze (6), Silver (7) and Gold (8)|
|Mime||Grades: Entry, 1-5 Medals: Bronze (6), Silver (7) and Gold (8)|
- Private lessons offered in all the previously mentioned LAMDA disciplines from Entry level to Grade Eight Gold Medal. Application and examination entry made on your behalf for any examination undertaken
- Lessons offered individually or in groups
- Work in Schools or Community/Church Associations to teach individual or group lessons and the organisation of the taking of examinations:
- Schools can become Private Centres if desired (11 years experience of operating a highly successful private centre)
- Or, examinations can be taken at Public Centres like Millennium Point in Birmingham and/or at other venues located all over the country
Find me in the LAMDA Teachers Directory
Other Services Offered
Available to help with/oversee school production with a large range of experience in producing/directing musicals, plays and showcase events. Just to mention a few:
Romeo and Juliet, The Tempest, Twelfth Night, Winter’s Tale, Midsummer Night’s Dream, Me and My Girl, Guys and Dolls, The Wiz, Alice the Musical, The Cagebirds
Sourcing and acquisition of theatrical costumes for productions/events
Help in sourcing material and preparing students for Speech Nights, Carol Services, Showcases and other important school events.